Junior Product Engineer
As a junior product engineer you will be hands on from end-to-end of a project lifecycle, working on the full-stack to improve the Hubble platform.
You'll get a chance to work closely with all areas of the business from product to design, marketing and sales in order to build the most impactful products. You'll be involved in scoping of projects as well as design sprints to come up with the feature ideas. Once implementation starts you'll need to use the levers of speed, scope and quality in order to balance building "hacky" MVPs versus highly polished products.
As a junior you will be mentored by one of our senior engineers and given the space to learn, develop and fail in order to grow your skills in a practical environment. A growth mindset is the most important requirement that we look for as you will be thrust into the deep end and expected to learn quickly.
- Scaling our platform to work internationally.
- Improving existing features and building new ones across our tenant platform (search, listings, static pages and more).
- Building out our host tools to help our customers manage their space more efficiently (viewing management, messaging, payments and more).
- Migrating the codebase from AngularJS to React and CSS-in-JS.
- Automating the work of our internal team to help make their processes more efficient (internal "Huuble" platform, CRM integrations and more).
- Optimising our site for search engines to aid crawlability and improving our rankings across key terms.
- Adding to our newly built and ever-growing component library.
We ship to production multiple times per day and split big projects into thin vertical slices. Work is prioritised into two week long sprints and we roughly use the Scrum methodology. Once a feature is shipped we measure everything and spend a lot of time evaluating data and conducting user research.
On top of all this we're a friendly and diverse team. We try and do regular lunch and learns, go out for team lunches, host a monthly book club and are always looking for more ways to knowledge share and have fun as a group :). Although we're still only small, our team has a mix of different backgrounds, races and genders and we want to continue this as we grow.
We would like you to:
- have 1+ years experience programming and an understanding of how to build production systems.
- have worked in an engineering team before and have experience building products used by real customers.
- have a good understanding of the web platform as a whole and awareness of frontend, backend and RESTful best practices.
- have a desire to learn and develop as an engineer.
We make sure everyone in the team is comfortable and has the best environment for them. We offer flexible hours, remote working and have a relaxed attitude to taking holiday - focusing only on whether work gets done. Benefits can be tweaked on an individual basis depending on what makes you most productive. Here are some of the things we offer:
- Remuneration competitive with industry and level of experience.
- Equity options.
- Macbook, peripherals and standing desk.
- Expense budget & travel.
- Noise-cancelling headphones.
- Spotify Premium or Apple Music.
- Kindle Unlimited + free technical books.
- Health & Pension.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
Additionally, being part of Entrepreneur First, 500 startups and Seedcamp gives us (and you) access to a vibrant startup community, office hours and talks with industry experts.
2018 Winner of Property Week’s ‘Best Company to Work For’ – Role Satisfaction, Culture and Communication, Relationship with Supervisor, Training and Development
Thought the property industry was just stale and corporate? Think again. Hubble is one of the UK’s leading PropTech companies and is changing the face of commercial property forever. Our mission is to find the perfect home for every company and we’ve built an online marketplace to help businesses rent, manage and share office space. But this is just the beginning. Join us on our journey to transform the way commercial property is transacted, managed and financed.
As well as the above, we are still a small team and so have a relaxed atmosphere, offer flexible working and always promote opportunities to have input in other aspects of the business.
Hubble is backed by top venture capital firms Entrepreneur First, Seedcamp and 500 startups, and property tech specialists Spire Ventures (PiLabs). Hubble’s investors and advisors include founders & C-level experts including James Caan (Dragon’s Den and serial entrepreneur), Rohan Silva (Second Home, Former Policy Advisor to the Prime Minister), Jackson Hull (Student.com, Onefinestay), Brett Akker (Zipcar, Lovespace), Jonathan Galore (Wonga, Silverlake Partners) etc.
Hubble is an equal opportunities employer. We are a diverse bunch of people who are committed to maintaining a welcoming culture of inclusion and equality. We encourage applications from anyone that meets the requirements for the role.